1) It Takes A Nation Of Millions to Hold Us Back - Christopher R. Weingarten (33 1/3 Series)
I’m addicted to the excellent 33 1/3 book series, which chronicle one seminal/classic album per book. They are compact pocket books that can be finished in a day. Good for someone with a limited attention span in addition to people who like to read about music. Also, Public Enemy rules.
2) Spectacular Optical Book One: Kid Power! - Edited by Kier-La Janisse & Paul Corupe
My friends wrote and edited this book, a first in an anthology series from cult webzine Spectacular Optical. Among the many gems in this book, the essay I’m looking most forward to reading is an interview with Stephen Rosenberg, the former child star from the 1978 version of Jacob Two-Two Meets the Hooded Fang, who now works as a hairdresser in Montreal.
3) Let’s Explore Diabetes With Owls - David Sedaris
A Christmas present that I am now starting to read. Sedaris is a funny dude.
4) Solve Your Child’s Sleep Problems - Richard Ferber
I have a 7 month old baby who doesn’t sleep more than two hours at a time. I’m going insane from sleep deprivation and need help.
5) Sex Criminals Volume 1 (Issues 1-5) - Matt Fraction & Chip Zdarsky
A good friend of mine recommended this book to me knowing that I like sex, feminism and graphic novels. “I think you will like this book,” he said. He was right.
-Submitted by Jen Idems